Sunday, November 3, 2013

Late evening

Again my mindwouldn't let me sleep due to the loss of hours so at 11:00pm-ish I decided to go and grab a meal at a chinese restaurant to sample the best of Cantonese cuisine. 
Causewaybay has a ridiculous amount of restaurants and seafood cafes of all different nationalities, of course cantonese cuisine does dominate but there are also korean, japanese, thai, filipino etc and .... McDonalds haha.

I ate at a place called "Hee kee fried crab expert" this was on jaffe road, literally a 10 minute walk away from Yesinn hostel.
I received complimentary peanuts and chinese tea whilst ordering my meal, I eventually ordered spicy noodles with crab sauce.  It was pretty hard to make a decision as there were 20 pages for the menu so I was ridiculously spoiled for choice, however some of the meals e.g Cow stomach did make my stomach churn just a tad.


   

Tomorrow I'm thinking of going over to the Kowloon district to look at some of the markets, then I will probably explore causeway bay even more as there's still a ridiculous amount to see.
Oh and also discovered that in Hong Kong (and probably in most parts nof asia) instead of using metal scaffolding they use bambo!  I had no idea bamboo could be that strong, was pretty weird seeing bambo scaffolding next to giant apartment blocks, who needs health and safety when you have indestructible  bambo 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Andrew..... good job we had you practising with the old chopsticks before you left!! ;) ha ha!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, will there be a floating market?

    ReplyDelete