Saturday, November 2, 2013

Causeway bay, Kowloon and Wan Chai

Decided to have a lazy hour before I went out to have a little explore of the harbour and the districts near to my hostel.

Found some interesting meals on the menu at a local cafe
Chicken head soup - 
 And squid + geese head and neck



Again the streets were completely packed with taxis, trams, buses, cars and thousands of people but this didnt stop me from finding my way out of the mad concrete jungle to the star ferry terminal and that's where I caught a ferry to the Kowloon peninsula (other side of the harbour from where I was) it only cost £0.39 haha!
This is Hong Kong's financial district and the little light at the back on the hill is the peak which I will be going to tomorrow afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention chickens head soup, thats what Harry, Martha and Niamh are on for tea!!
    Not impressed when I showed them the picture you have posted.
    Sure there will be a McDonalds nearby!!
    Enjoy!! yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmm......... Tasty!! NOT! Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete