Monday, November 25, 2013

Hello again

Hello again, I've been quite busy over the past 5 days.
Been to Wellington three times and have been shown all of the bays on the Wellington peninsula by my aunt and her partner, so I've been completely distracted and havent been able to fill in the blog.

I went to Wellington on Friday on my own and basically wandered around finding things to do.  There is quite a lot to do inWellington as it turns out.
I firstly went from the railway station to the parliament buildings and then after that I walked along Lampton Quay to the cable car terminal where I luckily caught a seat on the cable car before it got too busy.  When I got to the top I enjoyed the views of Wellington and the botanic gardens before I caught a shuttle-bus to Zealandia (a conservation park aiming to conservate native New Zealand animals and plant life)

It was incredibly interesting, the exhibition had various sections e.g. Geoscience and conservation and flora and fauna etc.  After I had had a look around I then went on a walk through the park up to the main dam and back down to the entrance which took me two hours.  I was surrounded by a thick forest filled with strange animals such as the tuatara lizard and the various bird species that are nested in the trees.
It really was an amazing place, however I wish that I had been able to spend the whole day there to do the other various walks.
I then caught the half 4 train back to Paraparaumu!



Parliament buildings


Cable car

View from the top of the cable car


Wellington botanic gardens


Me on the upper dam 

The forested valley

An adult Tuatara 

A native parrot to New Zealand the Kaka


No comments:

Post a Comment