Friday, November 8, 2013

Devon port + Mount Victoria

After I arrived back at the ferry terminal in central Auckland I had 20 minutes to get lunch and board the ferry to Devonport.  The ferry crossing took 5 minutes and was much more smoother than the harbour cruise thank goodness.
Devonport is a quaint village on the other side of the harbour from downtown Auckland, filled with old fashioned traditional buildings and a compact market place with a variety of different shops.  It is a very tightly knit community with access to the stunning harbour and the beaches that surround it.
I did have a look around the market place however my main focus of going to Devonport was to walk to the summit of mount Victoria and to see the 360• views of the Auckland area.

It took me about 15 minutes to walk to the summit and the views I have to say were breathtaking.
I only got a few shots because unfortunately my camera died just as I was about to get a picture of myself with the harbour in the background.
(On a beach next to the ferry terminal building at Devonport)

(Auckland CBD and the harbour from Mount Victoria, you can see the rain approaching from the right)


I eventually descended back down to the village centre and caught the ferry back over as it started to rain heavily.  I then walked back to the hostel and am gettiing an early night as I have to be up at 5:30 to catch the 7:30 ferry to Rangitoto island with Ida and Kim.


No comments:

Post a Comment