Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 1

Well, this is it.
After packing everything, all the last minute checks and saying goodbye to my friends and close family it has finally hit me that I will be embarking on my own little globe trotting adventure and frankly I cannot actually wait!  
It's taken so many months of planning and its finally here and its such a thrilling feeling knowing that I will be on my own experiencing completely new environments, meeting new people and developing myself as a person for a whole 8 months whilst travelling and working in Hong Kong, New Zealand and the USA.

Before I set off I would really like to thank the Royal Geographical Society for their funding and support especially my mentor Kate Kipling.  I would also like to thank my parents for all of their support and help during the planning process, the Lloyds Trust Darwen, the Darwen Rotary club, Darwen Masonic Lodge and the Duchy of Lancaster Benevolent fund  and Mark Trohear and Alison Crompton of St Wilfrid's geography department.  You have all provided great support and I really do appreciate it.

I am ridiculously excited for Hong Kong and am hoping I don't bring this typical British weather with me!  Keep updated and enjoy the pictures and entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment