Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Flight + first day in Auckland

When I was queuing up at immigration I met someone who was at the same hostel as me in Causeway bay, her name was Sanjin, we had a brew and had a laugh before the planes arrived and then I boarded my flight to New Zealand.
Surprisingly I didn't mind this flight, although admittedly it was a drag (as most long flights are ha) I didn't look into this beforehand but cathay pacific and air new zealand had partnered up to do a joint flight so the fascilities were much better e.g. More leg room better food etc.

When I arrived at Auckland international I had to go through an hours worth of security!  Whereas Hong Kong's security checks took 3 minutes haha, I then caught the airport express bus and went to YHA auckland on liverpool street and left my luggage there and had a walk around Auckland central and the harbour.
This is queen street, it runs straight through the middle of the CBD.  It was eerily quiet when I arrived such a contrast to Hong Kong.

The Sky tower - will be going there on thursday or friday



 The harbour front



No comments:

Post a Comment