Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Update on the start of my internship

Hello!  Just updating you on my progress!

So far I think I've settled in well at the USGS, I've got my own cubicle and computer and have been given a variety of research and practical tasks to see which subjects/skills I'd like to study/work on during my time as an intern.
I've completed a map of seismic stations in the middle east and am working on a powerpoint presentation on the human and physical geography features of the Red Sea.  I have also been invited to attend a lecture at Stanford University tomorrow and a few lectures on seismology and climate change at the University of California Berkeley next week.
Very very busy, it's such a change from the relaxed backpacking lifestyle haha, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment