Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The palace of fine arts and Golden gate bridge

I got up this morning to discover that it had actually stopped raining!  Thank Jebus I could actually go out and not get drenched after 2 minutes.  So taking advantage of this unmissable opportunity I got dressed and set off down Colombus road to Fishermans wharf where I then walked through the fort mason centre to the marina district.
After walking around taking pictures of the marina for some unknown reason I went to the amazingly beautiful Palace of fine arts in the marina district.
This monument is the sole survivor - with a lot of help from restorers - of the many fantasy monuments built for the panama canal celebrations.  It looks like something that you'd fine in Rome or a classical city in ancient Greece, its really incredible how this dominates the landscape with its huge dome and towering pillars.

I then continued to the crissy field area and walked up to the golden gate bridge to the very touristy pavillion next to the bridge walkway.
Taking pictures as I went I eventually reached the other side of the bridge and hiked up to the Marin Headlands where I hoped to get a good view of the bridge with the city skyline in the background.  However the weather was against me.. As it has been this entire trip, but never mind, the view was still amazing :)

I then walked back to the hostel after feeling very sick and here I am, feeling a bit under the weather but am oerfectly okay anyway.

Planning on going to golden gate park tomorrow and a few galleries.

Walking through little Italy this morning

Marina 


The Palace of fine arts

The dome

Couldn't resist



The view to the other side of the bridge - the pacific
I actually found this much more beautiful that the bay area view

No comments:

Post a Comment