Monday, February 17, 2014

Menlo Park

I'm sorry for not updating the blog earlier but I've been a bit busy over the past 4 days so I hope you'll forgive me.
Yes, so, I'm in Menlo Park now and am reasonably settled in at my accommodation and have done a bit of exploring of the surrounding areas.  I also made my way to Walmart and did food shopping for 2 weeks so im a happy chappy haha.

The weather is very nice, especially today, very sunny but windy.  You can never win with the weather.
Menlo park is a pleasant enough town, the house is also very well situated.  It's right next to the shops and the railway station as well as the main road.
I'm also only 20 minutes away from work which is quite convenient!
I've also been given some homework to do by the USGS before I start tomorrow.  I have to do a bit of pre-reading on the geology and tectonics of the Red Sea, very exciting.  I have to admit though it is very interesting but very very technical, I'm looking forward to starting my 3 month period as an employee at the USGS tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Here are a few pictures of the house.

My bed! 

Back garden including a ping pong table and bbq woohoo

Lounge

The house


No comments:

Post a Comment