Wednesday, February 5, 2014

San Francisco day 2! Part 2 - city hall + ferry building

As I said in the last entry, I wanted to go to the centre of San Francisco and have a look at the city hall and walk down Market street.

The walk was long but worth it and very scenic too.  Theres something about this city that I instantly like I don't really know how to describe it but just little things like the architecture, the street layout and the friendliness of people just contribute to my admiration of San Francisco.

I walked up California street till I got to Grace Cathedral and the Masonic temple of SF which is the biggest masonic temple I've ever seen!  
Tram!

Huntingdon park

Grace cathedral

I then carried on up and down the big hill till I got to Polk street.  Along the way I found a British produce store!  I couldnt resist going in and buying a bottle of Vimto!!

I then carried on down Polk street to city hall and took in the amazing buildings before taking a stroll down Market street.  Market street is a huge commercial hub with banks, hotels, fashion and furniture stores and various restaurants and cafes lining the sidewalks.  There were so many people on the sidewalks and the roads were chockablock at some points.

I eventually got to the ferry building and just had a look around before moving on to the Coit tower and Lombard street (the crookedest street in the world)


California street

A British travellers heaven 

City hall

Civic centre plaza

Market street

Me und der ferry building



No comments:

Post a Comment