Friday, February 7, 2014

SF day 3

Today has been very wet, foggy and generally rubbish (weather-wise)
But that didn't stop me, I couldnt be bothered with the prospect of staying inside all day or going shopping for budget clothing, so a nice stroll around SF was the ideal substitute.

I decided to go and find mrs doubtfires house on steiner street, the walk took a while but was very nice as I got to see the various neighbourhoods of San Francisco.

The architecture of most of the buildings here is really striking and beautiful.  A lot of the houses are Victorian style buildings dating back from the great rebuild after the 1906 earthquake.

Mrs Doubtfires house

Looks like the end of the world!

I then walked downhill to Japan town.  It was a tad tedious as there wasn't much going on so I just grabbed a tea and read for an hour, luckily when I'd finished reading the rain had died down and that persuaded me to go and visit Haight street.  Haight street and the Haight Ashbury district are well known for the hippie culture and the psychedelic 1960's based community.



Buena vista park

Hippie styles shops like this are scattered everywhere selling things from t-shirts to bongs.


The amount of shops round here that sell bongs, pipes, hooka pipes is crazy

Again like i said, as I was walking back to city hall I noticed these amazing victorian houses, no idea why but I really like them.

Union square


No comments:

Post a Comment