Wednesday, February 5, 2014

San Francisco day 2! Part 1 - chinatown

Due to the jet lag I had a lie in till about 10ish then set off on my random wanderings throughout this amazingly beautiful city.
I first went to Chinatown and went to the various markets, shops and of course the golden gate fortune cookie company.  This chinatown has such a strong chinese character, I know this sounds daft but I'll be honest, I did not expect it to be this Chinese!  
I mean from what I saw, everyone spoke cantonese, all of the restaurants were selling authentic asian cuisine and all the shops and stores were selling real recently imported chinese and asian produce.  I felt like that I could have been back in Hong Kong.

I bought some fortune cookies for some random reason and then went down to California street as I suddenly decided that i wanted to see city hall.

Transamerican pyramid 

Chinatown gate.  



Golden gate fortune cookie co
Traditional market


No comments:

Post a Comment