Saturday, February 1, 2014

Back in Paraparaumu!

I left Kaikoura on the 28/01/14 for Picton and arrived back in Wellington yesterday after catching the interisland ferry.  I was meant to spend an extra day in Picton to do some bush walks but unfortunately I was feeling very ill so I booked an earlier ferry back to Wellington.

I was quite sad to leave Kaikoura, whilst working in the fish tank lodge these past few weeks I've met some amazing people and made some great friends who I will always keep in touch with.  Kaikoura is such a beautiful place and I feel privilidged to have lived and had amazing times there.

I leave Paraparaumu for Auckland on Monday before catching a flight to LA on tuesday.

I would just like to say that I have had an absolutely brilliant time experiencing and travelling around New Zealand!  This country on the edge of the world is so vibrant and lively and provides so many opportunities for backpackers, the landscape and scenery is like nowhere else on earth.  I will always remember this trip and would like to thank the RGS, my family and my sponsors for making my New Zealand trip possible! 

Queen Charlotte sound, as seen from the Snout (Picton)

No comments:

Post a Comment