Sunday, January 19, 2014

Update

Hello all!
I just thought that I would update you on what I am doing at the moment considering the blog entries have become less frequent recently.

I left Christchurch on the 13th of January and got myself a job at a nice seafront hostel in kaikoura working for accommodation.  I am using my time here to make friends, go hiking, fishing, swimming and to generally explore the Kaikoura peninsula and the surrounding areas.

So far I've met some amazing people and am so glad that I met them.  I'm planning on climbing Mt Fyffe and possibly doing the paddleboarding too!
The dolphin and Whale watching is still on the table too but I just have to pick one of them to do!

I've met up with some friends who I met on the stray tour in FranzJosef and will be doing much more activities too!  I am still yet to capture the sunrise over the Pacific ocean!

It was pretty impossible to get a paid job in Kaikoura because I'm only here for another 10 days so no one would take me on as a temp.  So now I'm just watching my wallet and trying to find the best free activities Kaikoura has to offer haha!

I'm also doing a bit of Geology/earthquake research in preparation for the internship.  It seems a bit keen of me but learning the basics again is pretty important in my opinion.

If I take any more decent pictures of the activities I'm doing or the sights in Kaikoura I'll make sure to upload them.




No comments:

Post a Comment