Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Kaikoura day 1

Within 5 minutes of getting off my intercity bus to Kaikoura I had landed myself a job in a hostel, cleaning for 3 hours a day for accommodation, not a bad deal at all.

After the morning shift me and a couple of friends hitch hiked to the seal colony down the coast from us and walked about for hours getting stupidly close to the seals.  
A very risky activity but so fascinating to see these wild animals up close in their natural habitat.  Of course we tried our best not to disturb them and keep a sensible distance away from them, so please don't think I'm some seal harassing buffoon haha. 

It was a lovely day today, clear blue skies and a nice cooling breeze.  I've not had weather like this since the North Island!










No comments:

Post a Comment