Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Oso Mudslide trip

I've been informed by my supervisor that there's an opportunity for me to visit the site of the Oso landslide in Northern Washington state, to observe the damage of the mud slide there.
24 people have lost their lives and many more are still missing.

I will be flying to Seattle from San Jose later in April and will be making my way to the mud slide site in Oso.  I'll upload some facts, figures, and pictures about what I see and will keep you updated about my trip plans.

This weekend however, the Yosemite trip is back on!  Though the weather in Menlo Park at the moment is a bit poor at the moment it is supposedly going to be sunny and warm in Yosemite at the weekend!  Good news for us!
Though I'm moaning about the rain it is actually being welcomed by most of the Californians here as they have been experiencing a drought lately.  They're all dancing in the streets and praising the rain god at this very moment.  Joking.  But, yes they are all very happy haha.

I havent taken these images.  They were taken by CNN reporters and belong to CNN.


No comments:

Post a Comment