Monday, April 14, 2014

Final day in iquique

Today I covered the northern half of Alto Hospicio.  This area has overall been hit quite badly, I'd say as badly as the worse parts of Iquique in some places.  It seems to be the same types of building, brick or unreinforced conrete that are damaged the worst.

Life seems back to normal here for the majority of people, however some of the population have to live in tents or temporary accommodation elsewhere because their homes have been damaged so badly.
This is the same situation in Iquique, campsites are positioned throughout the city and are guarded by police and sometimes military personel.

I think I've gathered a lot of good photographic evidence and gained some valuable fieldwork experience through my time in Iquique.  Tomorrow I head for Antofagasta and will spend my time there looking for earthquake damage along the beach front and some residential districts before flying to La Paz on the 16th and then onto Miami and San Francisco on the 17th.

The total area I've covered in Iquique and Alto Hospicio

No comments:

Post a Comment