Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Stanford and Berkeley

I've been going to Stanford a lot recently, aminly for research material as they have an amazing collection of books in their several libraries.  I've also attended a seminar on glacial scanning at Stanford which, I'll be honest, completely baffled me as it was designed for a post graduate glaciology audience.  But looking on the bright side, the stuff I did understand was really interesting.

Stanford campus is huge, I'd say its definitely bigger than Darwen and it's so well kept and just generally really pleasant to walk about.
The oval (looking at the main quad)

Main quad entrance

 (Hoover tower)


Memorial church

The oval


I dont have many pictures of Berkeley right now as they're on my USGS camera which is in the office now so that'll have to wait for another time.  However I'll just say that I found Berkeley to be like Stanford despite the architecture and the landscape (berkeley is hilly). They are both amazing places and I will be hopefully attending more amazing lectures there.

No comments:

Post a Comment