Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Seismic data and Saudi project

Today I've been all over the place.  This morning I continued with my GIS tutorial and got another module completed, I also went for lunch with some work colleagues before I was meant to leave for Berkeley.  
I missed the train by five minutes and the next train after that was in an hour so I decided to give the lecture a miss.  It was a real shame because it was a geography seminar on Brazillian land reform and deforestation so that could have been interesting but never mind.  I'm off to Berkeley again tomorrow for a seminar on sedimentation science, if the weather tomorrow is as good as todays it will be an amazing day!
I also got the chance to analyse some seismic traces from the seismometer stations in Saudi Arabia.  At the moment I'm helping my supervisor with a data report for the Saudi Geological Survey and hopefully by the end of it, it will look very professional and tidy like this Indonesian data report below.

Analysing earthquake traces on the mac

No comments:

Post a Comment