Thursday, June 5, 2014

New York day 3

Yesterday my main aim was to see times square and to go and see central park.
After walking 6 blocks in the wrong direction (face palm) I eventually went in the right direction towards times square, when I got there I walked around for a bit and sorry to seem pessimistic but was incredibly disappointed.  It had a vibrant atmosphere which I enjoyed, but basically it's a huge flashy advert for capitalism.  The streets were dirty and potholes and puddles covered the sides of the roads, homeless people wandered through the crowds asking for change (which was quite tragic) and the smell of car exhaust fumes and the sewers filled the air.

Anyway after that I walked to Central park and basically wandered around for 3 hours stopping to read every now and again.  There isn't much to do in central park but it is a very beautiful and spacious place, it is filled with people playing games and sports, children on field trips, and of course foreign tourists such as myself taking pictures of everything in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment