Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 1 Napier

Got on the bus at half 8 this morning and battled through the 6 gruelling hours it took to get to Napier on the smelly overcrowded coach haha
Its about 29 degrees up here so very hot indeed, I've had to put two lots of cream on!
Arrived at about 2ish and walked around to find the hostel.
It's really nice, spacious and there's lots to do so I'll be quite busy here.  Later I decided to go for a walk along the sea front and then went to New Zealands national aquarium.  The sea front is beautiful and you get an excellent view of Hawkes bay and the pacific.  I thought that the aquarium would have been bigger and there would be more stuff on, so I was a tad disappointed but overall its been a nice half day up here.  Going to go for some shopping and start making dinner and find something to do for tonight.

Criterion hotel - my hostel

Beach and sea front

Napier arch

Arch commemorating victims of the earthquake 




Feeding the penguins

Diving with sharks

Hungry carp

No comments:

Post a Comment