Monday, May 19, 2014

Vancouver

Been too busy having fun, sightseeing and changing hostels to update the blog, so sorry, but at least I'm getting round to it now :)
Done quite a bit while I've been here and met some amazing people, its just a shame I'm leaving them, would have been cool to stick around for a bit and work in Vancouver for a while.
We're actually having a picnic tonight on the beach for Victoria day, today is a bit of a chill day for me, im doing laundry, reading etc because ive been running around like a headless chicken all the last week.

I'll be posting some of the pictures of my Vancouver trip after this post by the way.

Downtown is crowded with the things that you'd expect to be in a popular, affluent, modern city.  Theatres, apartment blocks, skyscrapers and shopping centres make up most of downtown Vancouver, although it is a nice place the accumilation of drug addicts and homeless people makes downtown a particularly dodgy place at night.  Overall I like it here and I've been busy visiting; Grouse mountain, Capilano bridge, Stanley park, outer edges of downtown and granville market.

On grouse mountain the grizzly bears in the enclosure have just woken up from dormancy (technically not hibernation) so it was pretty fascinating to actually see them interacting with one another.

There's so much to say about my experience here, so I think I'll let the pictures explain otherwise I'll be here all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment